Monday 3 January 2011

The way it is

photo


Had my last lie-in today. (Well, until Saturday anyway).
Callum wanted longer than 9am, but then again he was reading until 1am and just would not settle. Little sod!

It was good to see Kizzy and Mel, (my step-daughter and ex mother-in-law), this morning, who visited on the way back to Kizzys’. Apparently, true to all form, my ex wife went out NYE and has not yet returned home, so it’s lucky they have a friend staying otherwise Kizzy would be home alone.
I feel guilty for being thankful that it's not my problem any longer, as for Callums sake and my own sanity I can't get involved.
It feels odd to say step-daughter as I have always thought of Kizzy as my little girl, and I am the only dad she ever had. It is harsh to know that legally, now I have divorced her and Callums mum, that I am nothing. Oh how long THAT story is.
Perhaps one day I will share it if enough insomniacs beg me for a remedy to their malady!

Some things will never change, and never will, and, as Forrest said, (see above), and Bruce sang, (see below)!
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1tn79_bruce-hornsby-the-way-it-is_music

I am looking forward to getting back to work and seeing some other grown ups, although I will be spending half the week working from home I expect.

I have already started a new year clear out of my wardrobe, partly brought on by weight gain which is a combination of Christmas excess and giving up smoking. I have not smoked for three weeks, although I had planned to stop tomorrow with illness intervening for me. I am quite proud that I seem to have kicked the habit. Callum says it is his best Christmas present, which is all the motivation I need. Having said that it was only 10 a day and I never smoked indoors or in the car or at work so it has not been too difficult.

Again though, I did start at aged 12 or 13 so 35 years man and boy and on and off.

A Chinese takeaway for dinner as a last holiday gesture. Kung Po chicken and rice for me, and sweet and sour chicken and rice for the boy. Then a little TV snuggled with Callum before showers teeth and bed all round and then back to the real world in the morning.

Shelf

No comments:

Post a Comment