Sunday 16 January 2011

Epic weekend.

Oh well.................so much for attempts to write everyday. Easy to say, but not to do, and surprisingly difficult if not much has happened. Plus my last entry was a tad long and probably a little boring.
But to be fair this is where I air views and a little day to day history for Callum and posterity, and most of it will be boring I guess.
Anyway.............the rest of the working week was good. Mostly from home but good all the same. If only IT would make sure everything works, as I am using my own home network as the employers router doesn't want to work. C'est la vie!
The way work is going is killing morale amongst my colleagues, but has improved flexibility for me personally, although there is now almost no contact with one or two colleagues I really miss, which is a shame. The real shame is that there is a storm coming that the public are unaware of yet, (I work in the public sector for a local authority). The cuts will be awful and the human cost tragic. We are probably public enemy number one thanks to the rag top papers, the news, and Mr Cameron. The public sector are not the demons earning silly money for nothing with fat pensions. Most are normal decent family people, who earn a reasonable or low wage and have contributed heavily to pensions that have been cut.
We are now facing a 20% minimum wage cut in the next 12 months and allowances for using our own cars etc. cut altogether. Public sector workers are not the problem. The public want our blood because they have been brainwashed into thinking that getting rid of us will save the country. It wont. It will make it worse when no rubbish gets collected. Not enough Social Services/Housing/Planning/Council Tax/Business Rates/Highways officers to do the job. Day care reduced for the needy etc. etc. etc. Front line services killed off.
However, there will be plenty of high end managers and CEOs on £100k to £200k around, and plenty of Councillors on HUGE expenses. There is carnage and Hell coming...............you have been warned!

Anyway.................so far, this year has been one of getting things done which is pleasing. Talking of which, we had a result with the "Console and Arsehole" problem. Long story short............."arsehole" was made to pay me, via eBay for damage to my console caused by his faulty product used. Faulty console then sold via eBay for price matching what "arsehole" given me............= Brand new console = Much delight of Callum.

Speaking of Callum. He decided that he didn't want to go to the cinema to watch Deathly Hallows Part One as he was a little miserable, (see further), and he wanted his friend over, (see further).
So Harry Potter has been delayed for a week or two.
He is still a bit emotionally fragile, and has been very very cuddly and clingy and huggy. Bless his cottons. He is still waiting for his Christmas present from his mum, (expectant is probably the word). In the end I had to tell him that he probably wont be getting one, and I winced as I told him. Felt awful for telling him, but it was doing his head in every day.
He burst into floods of tears and held on to me and squeezed me for all he was worth. He didn't speak, he just cried and cried and cried. I told him it would be alright, and he told me it was "O.k...........not your fault" between sobs.
Then he let me go, and ran into the lounge and cried a bit more. Then, about ten minutes later, he came into the kitchen and announced........"Sorry dad for the rude word.............but she's a selfish bitch!" We are now not going to discuss "Sophie" (not mum), again. Apparently. (He has not heard from his mum since mid December, and she is apparently attempting to find out via various people if I have a partner.........why..........I don't know. Her caring for Callum and me having a partner are both quite unlikely. (I do have my eye on someone that I can't mention in case she reads here, but it is my own little "fairytale". Who knows. Hope is a great thing. For now I would settle for one of these.....................

It's been a good weekend. Saturday Callum has his mate Ryan round so I got to sit with the papers..........have Bacon Sandwiches.........coffee..........and watch El Cid on TV. What a joy!! What a cinematic God Charlton Heston was, and how beautiful was Sophia Loren?
It reminded me of my cinematic and film education with my father as a small boy. Watching the "epics" with him on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon, or, if I was lucky as I got older, a Monday night, when the film was usually a more modern one, like "Westworld" or "The Good The Bad and The Ugly".
Sadly we missed a friends little boys birthday party on Sunday as I had promised to help put back stuff in my dads loft. Ma didn't want him lifting after his recent operation.
We had a lovely Sunday lunch though, and watched Fantastic Mr Fox and Mr Bean afterwards.
So................looking forward to another productive week, and inching forwards again.

Shelf

No comments:

Post a Comment